Saturday 25 September 2010

School season

I don't know if anybody is watching the school season (http://www.bbc.co.uk/tv/seasons/schoolseason/). I watched unequal opportunities by John Humphrys, I recommend it, it has definitely giving me more motivation and passion to teach. I haven't had the best of placements, not the most organised and welcoming of teachers. As a result, I started to have second thoughts about the PGCE but my secondary placement and the programme on Monday made me realise the influence education has had on me and can have on someone's opportunities in life, although various interrelated influences apply (social, economic and political) that I will not get into. Sorry it's not related to subject knowledge but felt like I had to share. Can't wait for Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment